Elder Kingston and Elder Combes

Elder Kingston and Elder Combes
Monterrey, Mexico 8/2010

Please write!

jameskingston@myldsmail.net

Elder James Kingston
Mision Mexico Monterrey Oeste
Calle Chiapas #2202
Col. Roma Sur Monterrey N.L.
C.P. 64700
































































Acuna, Mexico

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Monterrey Mexico Temple

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Light of Christ

Hey family,
Thanks so much for all of you who wrote to me;  Dad, David and Jacosa.  And for the rest of you thank you so much for your prayers.  It really means alot!
I would like to apologize for being so late in writing you guys.  We were way busy on pday and Saturday we didn't have anytime.  Sunday we couldn't write either,  but here it is now....lol!   I know you guys were probably worried and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.   I will be writing again this Friday!
Well it sounds like your stake conference was good.  What a privilege to be taught by a seventy. . . and from David's letter it sounds like he gave some pretty interesting talks.
These last 2 Sundays were great.  Dionisia and Elvis were baptized. It was such a great experience to see them enter into the Waters of Baptism.   Last week they were both confirmed.  Yesterday was really special. We had fast and testimony meeting.  After the testimonies Bishop Ramirez got up to close the meeting when I saw Dionisia get up out of the corner of my eye.  I noticed the Bishop's surprise by his raised eyebrow lol!  She gave the most beautiful testimony and this is only her second time going to church!  She said , "My life was filled with darkness, and I didn't know what to do, but then 2 young men knocked on my door and brought the light of Christ into my life,  Elder Kingston and Elder Montoya."  Then she went on to say she has no doubt that this church is true. As she bore her testimony my eyes were filled with tears and I thought to myself, "this is why I'm here, to help my fellow brothers and sisters find the Light of Christ."  It
was definitely a spiritual experience.   Also Elvis recieved the priesthood yesterday.  I was really surprised and happy!   He was dressed in a white shirt and tie and everything..... it was wonderful.  He and his girlfriend have plans on getting sealed in the temple on Febuary 28, 2011 a year from his baptism.  I am excited to be here for that!  Yesterday a man we found 3 weeks ago came to church again by himself.  We can never find him during the week but he's come to church 3 Sundays in a row...lol and yesterday he told me, "I don't just wanna keep coming and listening, I wanna become a member"... lol.   I told him, " Well I think we can arrange for that to happen"....haha!
Well that was my fantastic week.... I've really gotta go but I just want you all to know I love you and always have a prayer in my heart for each and every one of you.... stay close to the lord.
Love,
ELDER KINGSTON

No comments:

Post a Comment